Walking & hiking
Walkers flock to Beachy Head for the magnificent scenery, abundant wildlife and historic locations. Choose a short, gentle walk or challenge yourself with a longer route around the area. Whichever you choose, you’ll be rewarded with stunning views.
Circle the area, take in historic points of interest or set off on an epic South Downs Way journey. The following walks are a great introduction to walking around Beachy Head:
- Beachy Head walk (est. 1.5 hours)
- Falling Sands walk (2-3 miles)
- Circular Beachy Head walk
- Seven sisters walk (4 miles)
- Birling Gap, Seven Sisters, Exceat walk (8 miles)
- Folkington, Windover Hill, Deep Dean, Folkington walk (5.5 miles)
- Friston Forest walk (5 miles)
- Hope Gap to High and Over and return walk
- Jevington Lullington Heath walk (7.5 miles)
- South Downs Way walking and cycle route (up to 160km)
This map of Beachy Head shows some of the walking and cycling routes, as well as free car parking spaces.
Please help us to care for the local environment and wildlife. We ask that you take only photographs and leave only footprints.